Friday, May 24, 2013

Uncanny X-Men #6

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Aritst: Frazer Irving
Lettering: Joe Caramagna
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 22nd, 2013

I have to start by saying that there are so many magnificent page spreads in this book that it took me a while to even get through it because I wanted to absorb all of the detail. The reveal of Dormammu after the center of the book was amazing. Okay, now that I have gushed over the art...

I am loving how Bendis is handling the new X-Men kids. They are definitely not ready for the crap that is being thrown at them and neither is Angel. With the truly powerful members of the team not having complete control over themselves and the new kids learning their powers it is fun to see how they handle any situation and the fact that Dormammu did not go down in one issue makes plenty of sense. This seemingly darker version of the X-Men is truly a pleasure to read.

That said, I am not certain about the last page reveal. I have never been a huge fan of the mutant that they show but in Bendis' hands they might be something worthwhile. I suppose I will find out in issue #7. Until then, I will keep reading Bendis' main books and keep enjoying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment