Friday, May 3, 2013

Weekly pulls for 05/01/13

I haven't been this excited for my pulls in a long time. I realized on my way to the shop this week that the five books that I was acquiring were (at least four of them) things that I crave to read. Not only that, but I was promised that one of the books was going to blow my mind (which it did).

I think this is what being a comic book reader is about. Actually getting excited about what is coming out and gaining possession of things that you want. I am finding that I am becoming more connected with my heroes and have started to think about the what ifs when not reading them. It is hard to think that Clint Barton and Peter Parker are not real people. To me (and many of their other fans) I feel that they are. They have families, friends and problems and I love feeling connected to them.

I also love the fact that there always seems to be a debate about what the writers are doing with these beloved characters. I have had multiple friends state that they HATE Dan Slott because of the direction he has taken Spider-Man. There is especially a lot of anger grumbling from this weeks issue. The reality of it is that the people who are writing these characters are telling a story. I understand if people think that they are doing something wrong, but it is up to them what they want to do. If you don't like it, stop reading it. If you care about these characters, see where it goes. You never know if you will end up loving it in the long run.

Okay, enough of that. On to the five books that I acquired this week:

Age of Ultron #7
All-New X-Men #11
Hawkeye #10
The Superior Spider-Man #9
X-Men Legacy #10

As you can see, three of those books have taken my pick of the month in the past and should continue to do so in the future. Expect some love and potential spoilers in the reviews that are to follow. It is hard to share these books without talking about the things that make them so great. Until I get those entries pumped out, happy reading comic book fans. Also, don't forget that Saturday is free comic book day! Go, get free books, it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment