Sunday, May 12, 2013

Avenging Spider-Man #20

Writer: Christopher Yost
Artist: Marco Checchetto
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 08th, 2013

"The Chameleon Sanction"

This book has been pretty unstoppable ever since the Spider-Man within became Superior. I have been having a ton of fun watching Otto interact with people int Peter's life and this just expands on it so much further. This issue we get to see him interact with S.H.I.E.L.D., namely the new Nick Fury, as well as Hawkeye and Black Widow. Considering the recent events in the flagship title, it isn't surprising that Hawkeye continuously reminds Spidey that he is on probation.

The reason that Otto is on a S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier is that he is trying to finish collecting his Sinister Six for whatever he is planning. If you remember, Chameleon was the most recent member to that team and he is currently being held captive for, well being himself. The only issue is that Spidey is not the only person looking to interact with him. Moscow is a little concerned that The Chameleon is going to leak their secrets so they want him taken out.

So, Spidey's well laid plans go to crap and there is a rather large battle on the S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier that leads to one of the members of the doctor crew to get a little mad. You wouldn't like him when he is mad. That is where the issue drops off and leads to a continuation next month.

I have to admit that I am really happy I have stuck with this title. I know that the run is coming to the end by changing its title to Superior Team-Ups or something like that in the coming months. This will be the first time in a long time I have collected a full run of a series and I am not mad about that one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment