Sunday, May 12, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #8

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Daniel Acuna
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 08th. 2013

I am really happy I re-read some back issues for this title because now I am not half as confused as I was when I wrote the last review. There is still a lot going on in this book but everything does seem to be connected really well. I feel as if what is happening with the Apocalypse twins is bound to lead to the moment of Onslaught that we saw quite a few issues ago.

I am loving how everything that is happening to the heroes feels and looks so calculated. There is an incredible moment where Cap is in the basement of a destroyed church and finds a recording meant directly for him mentioning the damage done to his arm. I think this is the first moment he realizes that they are fighting someone who can manipulate time or at least travel through it.

Thor and Sunfire are currently trying to deal with the fact that Jarnbjorn is in possession of the Apocalypse twins and are trying their best to find a way to stop them while the remainder of the team is trying to get to them as well. Right as the team begins to approach their location the twins start their plan to control the world and it is explosive.

Remender is writing quite the heavy story and I am certain it is going to continue to grow into something amazing. For now, I feel as if he is trying to squeeze a ton of story into a single arc. I hope it doesn't become too convoluted in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment