Monday, April 29, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #28

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Ramon Perez
Colorists: Laura Martin & Matt Milla
Letterer: Joe Carmagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 24th, 2013

"Savage Learning Part 4: School of Snikt"

I am not overly sad to see this arc end. I understand that the purpose of it was to show growth between the students so that their unity when the Hellfire Academy starts doesn't seem forced but I wasn't a huge fan of Dog. I get that the title of this book has Wolverine clinging to it but I enjoy when it is all about the kids, not his past. The fact that these past four issues have dealt more with him than the students even though it seemed it should have been about the students took a little away from it for me.

Regardless, I did enjoy this final issue. It was fun to see the kids stand up to someone that was more experienced than them and to not instantly die. I did also like that the students were able to see Wolverine go off on his brother and do some serious damage which showed that he has gained more control over her berzerker side. The tease with Old Man Logan worries me though that this storyline may come back around in the near future....

Other than that we did lose a member of the team in the Savage Land. Not in a dark way but in a way that could lead to a little more interesting moments during the next arc. I have insanely high hopes for this title to get back to what it was when I started reading it. I know that Jonny Capps, who I do the podcast with, loves the book still and we disagree that it has lost anything. I really hope I am the one that has it wrong and he is right. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment