Monday, April 29, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #7

Writer: Rick Remender
Aritst: Daniel Acuna
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 24th, 2013

It is hard for me to really follow the time frames that this book is following so far. I am also a little worried that because it is so hero heavy that they are trying to make it a little too villain heavy as well. We have a lot of key players that I am not sure what their next moves will be. I know that Red Skull is bound to return as powerful as before, we have Kang as well as Apocalypse all swirling around this team to make things rough. On top of that, there is a ton of public relations stuff that Alex is handling with Janet that although seeming necessary also feels sort of thrown in.

It seems for the moment we will be focusing more on Jarnbjorn and Apocalypse which I can handle as long as the next issue picks up after this one. I think all of the jumping around is making things a little more difficult for me. If I can find time I may go back and read all seven of the first issues to get my facts straight and feel more comfortable with what is going on. I think that there is a lot of good here but because of the quantity of comics I read I am losing some finer details that make it easier to follow the flow of the book.

I truly hope I can get reattached to this tale because I was excited for it the moment it was announced and have loved earlier issues. I do honestly believe that I am just lost for the already mentioned reasons and do hope to be fixed soon. If you want to help me iron things out or add to my jumbled brain feel free. Until then, I am sticking with this title and hoping for something great to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment