Monday, April 29, 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy #2

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Pencilers: Steve McNiven & Sara Pichelli
Inkers: John Dell, Mark Morales, Steve McNiven, & Sara Pichelli
Colors: Justin Ponsor
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comic (Dan Buckley)
Price; $3.99
Release Date: April 24th, 2013

It says a lot for Bendis that he is able to make me start caring about characters in a handful of issues. It is unfair to say that we are only on issue #2 of this book though. To date I have read a .1 issue, # 1-2 and three infinite issues which, if you haven't read, are well worth the time. This book is full of things to love and moments to walk away with.

This issue picks up with the Guardians battling to defend Earth against the Badoon and with quickly answering the why they are there. The fight is beautifully penciled by McNiven and Pichelli with vivid coloring by Ponsor that stopped me on each page to absorb the environment. Bendis fills the pages with dialogue and it isn't superfluous. Everything fits neatly within the pages and I have to say, this book felt like a book. I feel like there is actual story to walk away with and it reminds me why I enjoy reading comics.

I am so excited to see where this story takes us. Each character on the team is growing on me quickly and Iron Man is not being overused (which I was afraid of). This book is early enough in the story that you can easily grab past issues and the infinite issues are free on Comixology. If you enjoy space stories and badass heroes, this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment