Monday, April 29, 2013

Uncanny X-Men #5

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Frazer Irving
Lettering & Production: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comic (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 24th, 2013

Wow did I read a lot of Bendis books this week. I had problems keeping up with the reading so I have no clue how he wrote them all! Anyhow, this is NOT a bad thing because this book keeps getting better and I can't help but smile at how good X-Men books are getting again.

This issue focuses incredibly heavily on Magik. This is good because she was the one character we really haven't seen her powers fail too much yet and it almost felt as if she didn't get any backlash from the Phoenix Force. That is, of course, until this issue. She is having problems balancing her control of the other realm due to some demonic interference and she needs to regain control over it before her Darkchilde half takes her over.

I am loving how Bendis is using this book to show some of the most powerful mutants struggling to figure themselves out again. The addition of new mutants is adding a layer of fun that couldn't be there if it were just old friends in pain together. I love the direction this is going and can't wait to see Magik's battle continue in issue #6. When Bendis originally said that this and All-New X-Men would be totally different books, I had no idea this is what I was in for. That, I am not mad about.

No comments:

Post a Comment