Monday, April 1, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #5

Writer: Rick Remender
Penciler: Olivier Coipel
Inker: Mark Morales
Colorists: Laura Martin with Larry Molinar
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 27th, 2013

"Let the Good Times Roll"

After a couple issues of chaos we are back to the forming of the team. We see the additions of Wasp, Wonderman and Sunfire which could make things a little interesting. I think if you include Cap that makes a team of nine which isn't too many for an Avengers team.

The thing that sort of threw me off was after the cliffhanger of last month's issue we are now thrown the curve ball of Apocalypse seeming to be the forefront enemy. I am not certain if this is going to tie into Red Skull but I do know it is coming. I hope that the story levels out here soon so I can figure out where everything is headed. I am enjoying the book but there is a lot going on.

Other than the already listed things, I am enjoying the fact that this book isn't just about the heroes, it is about human/mutant relations and how they are not going really well after the appearance of new mutants. All of the little errors that are happening with people aren't helping either (see the last page of this issue). I am enjoying Remender's direction as long as it becomes cohesive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment