Monday, April 1, 2013

Scarlet Spider #15

Writer: Chris Yost
Pencils: Khoi Pham w/ Edwards & Siqueira
Inks: Pallot, Bit, Pham, Siqueira & Olazaba
Colors: Antonio Fabela
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: March 27th, 2013

"In the Midst of Wolves Part 3"

I left the last issue of Scarlet Spider concerned that it was sliding down my list of comics to a nearly drop point. This issue started to redeem that thought process by letting me see Kaine at his most feral, showing that he still has a monster inside of him. I now understand the direction that the last few issues were going and it wouldn't have been fair for me to judge it yet. I have to keep reminding myself that we are in the middle of an arc and Yost hasn't let me down yet.

The majority of this issue was a giant fight with Kaine against the Wolves. We get a small spattering of Aracely's secret past (that even she doesn't know about) and we see that Kaine's problems in relation to her past are far from over. I really do feel bad for him, all he wanted to do was go to Mexico and not be a hero. Now he has been killed, seen that he is still a monster and keeps getting the crap beat out of him. I guess it is no surprise either that there are a ton of b-list villains in this book considering Scarlet Spider is a b-list hero. I just hope that in the near future he is more recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment