Friday, April 19, 2013

Cable and X-Force #7

Writer: Dennis Hopeless
Artist: Salvador Larroca
Color Artist: Frank D'Armata
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $.399
Release Date: April 17th, 2013

This issue lets us in on Cable's plans and we see what Scott has to say to his son. I think the fact that the title touted "Daddy's Home" was a little bit of overkill. One, Scott was not used too heavily within the pages. Two, what Scott had to say wasn't too surprising. Three, that is a pretty damn cheesy hook for a book that is as dark as this, isn't it? Oh well...

I have to admit that even though the stuff with Scott was a tad underwhelming, this issue found a good spot in my heart. I am starting to connect more with this team and am really interested to see what is going to happen to the group now that there are aliens and space involved. I know there has been a bit of rumbling and complaining online about Marvel taking too much stuff into space but I think that is what comics are about. They are about being able to do things that the normal human may not be able to.

By the end of this book we see what the purpose of the alien was, we see a general idea as to what the plan is and we get a hook for Colossus to perhaps rejoin the team. I am intrigued and actually enjoying what Hopeless is doing here finally. I just hope that the issues that follow this keep stride and don't fall back to the slacking that I felt the previous issues were.

No comments:

Post a Comment