Saturday, April 13, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #6

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Daniel Acuna
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 10th, 2013

Who would have thought that Thor had a history with Apocalypse? Also, who would think that Loki (or in reality Kang) would be able to manipulate Thor so easily to do something that his father told him not to. The thing I have to be honest about is I am not sure what the hell is going on in this book! I am sure that the Apocalypse thing is going to tie into the Onslaught thing somehow but I am not sure how and I am also not sure what Kang wants with Thor's ax, Jarnbjorn.

It seems that this whole issue was made to build a foundation for events that are to come. This whole issue dealt with Thor having his first interaction with Apocalypse and the bad choices he makes with Kang guiding him along the way (under the guise of Loki). I am just so full of questions that I am sure will be answered in coming issues but I hate feeling so lost. So far this book has been nothing short of incredible and I have faith that Remender is setting the stage for something big. I sit in anticipation for the final act when all of these pieces of the puzzle come together. Until then, I suppose I will sit in slight confusion as I fumble with the puzzle pieces that have already been presented to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment