Monday, April 1, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #27

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Ramon Perez
Colorists: Laura Martin & Matt Milla
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 27th, 2013

"Savage Learning Part 3: Generation Dog"

I am still not certain how I am feeling about this arc. I do feel like the students are too quick to trust Dog just because he gave them weapons and find it surprising that the only person who doesn't seem to completely bow to trust is Quentin and that doesn't work out too well for him.

The parts that aren't directly dealing with Dog piqued my interest though. I am liking that we are starting to see Genesis deal with the fact that he is an Apocalypse clone and that he is having a more open conversation with Wolverine about it. I also like that we are seeing a little bit of development with Sprite. I am starting to feel like the kids are becoming their own X-Men team because of little moments where it is more about dealing with them than the staff of the school. I have been wanting this book to start heading in that direction for a while and hope that it continues to do so.

As for the remainder of this arc, I have faith that I will be happy at the end. Dog is an okay character but I could care less about the "enemies" from different eras. I am sure it will all be wrapped into a neat conclusion in the next issue or two and then we can finally get to the Hellfire Club stuff that I have been waiting for. Until then, I am sticking with Wolverine and the X-Men and hope that it starts getting back to the greatness that it was two arcs ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment