Friday, April 5, 2013

The Superior Spider-Man #7

Writer: Dan Slott
Penciler: Humberto Ramos
Inker: Victor Olazaba
Color Art: Edgar Delgado
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 4th, 2013

"Troubled Mind Part One: Right-Hand Man"

This is one of those moments that I am incredibly happy I am reading all of the classic Amazing Spider-Man run because if I weren't, I would have no idea who Cardiac is. Considering he has been playing a major role in the issues I have just finished reading, it was exciting to see him in the pages of Superior Spider-Man and shows that Slott is reaching back to the 90s for some of his characters.

This issue continues to show us how Otto does not do well under pressure and thinks that his law is the ultimate law. While fighting a vigilante like Cardiac, his way of responding to his enemies is not great. People do not like seeing a person that commits crimes for the greater good get his face punched in. This includes the Avengers and Otto's subconscious passenger Peter.

Slott has also started to show us that Peter has a little bit of control over Otto when he is asleep and not paying attention. I think this is another way that Slott is showing us that Otto is not going to be Spider-Man forever and that we should just continue to go along for the ride. I am loving the direction this is going and the fact that Otto is so unstable makes it exciting to open each issue. This refresher of a long time hero is fun and I could definitely go along with it for a while.

Next issue promises a battle between Spidey and the Avengers, I feel that it will be great. I am also digging the fact that Ramos is back on the art considering he is one of my current favorite Spider-Man artists. Enough gushing though, give this book a read. It was easily my pick of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment