Monday, April 29, 2013

Gambit #11

Writer: James Asmus
Penciled by: Clay Mann with Paco Medina
Inked by: Clay Mann, Seth Mann, & Juan Vlasco
Colored by: Rachelle Rosenberg
Lettered by: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: April 24th, 2013

"Girl Trouble"

Finally I get my interaction with Rogue that I have been waiting four months for. The question is, was it worth the wait? I would have to say yes.

Rogue and Joelle obviously do not get off on the right foot and their initial interaction is a lot of fun to watch. It is impressive how easily Joelle can stand toe-to-toe with such a veteran fighter like Rogue. Of course, that proves the Joelle isn't exactly new to the game herself and that is the main focus of this issue. We are starting to get little pieces of her past trickled which is adding even more questions that are being revealed by Tombstone.

There is a lot of action in this book and a lot to like. I am happy to see Rogue in the pages and she seems to be sticking around for at least another issue or two. Simply the questions the revolve around Joelle is enough to keep me buying at least until I know exactly what she is and what she is planning. Lastly, the last page really grabbed my attention and want to see how everything comes together.

So, once again, I am sticking with this book purely on the desire of wanting questions answered. Asmus has done a phenomenal job making me ask why, I just hope that his AHA! moment is worth the amount of issues it took to get there,

No comments:

Post a Comment