Friday, April 5, 2013

A+X #6

"Captain Marvel + Wolverine"
Writer: Peter David
Artists: Giuseppe Camuncoli with Michele Benevento
Colorists: Dan Brown & Andres Mossa
Letterer: Clayton Cowles

"The Thing + Gambit"
Writer: Mike Costa
Artist: Stefano Caselli
Colorist: Andres Mossa
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 27th, 2013 

It seems that even superheroes enjoy playing cards. That is what I took away from this issue and I also took away that this thing is running way too long. I thought that this was supposed to be a limited series but can't seem to figure out when it is going to end. I don't hate the book, it can be a lot of fun BUT there is limited content to take away. You get to see heroes interact with one another but it just doesn't feel like it is going anywhere.

The first half of the book had Captain Marvel and Wolverine playing a game of cards. I think it is unfair to use Wolverine as one of the Avengers or X-Men spots considering he is both but that is beside the point. The two are arguing over the idea of Cavemen versus Astronauts and who would win in a fight. It escalates and then start to get at each other until a two-bit enemy shows up that is dealt with in a ridiculous way.

The second half of the book deals with The Thing and Gambit playing yet another game of cards. There is a spattering of flashbacks of the last run in with the two that is directly related to the current card game. The card game, of course, wraps up neatly.

I enjoyed the second story more which is sad considering I love Captain Marvel and this new Wolverine, although over-exposed, is a pretty enjoyable character when written well. I just hate feeling a bit cheated whenever I walk away from this book and I did once again. I need to get a straight answer out of someone if this is a limited series or not because if it isn't ending soon I may have to consider dropping it. I think I may find a better place to drop my $3.99 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment