Monday, April 29, 2013

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #22

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Art: Sara Pichelli
Colors: Justin Ponsor
Lettering: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 24th, 2013


I am still loving Miles as Spider-Man in this universe. The poor kid just isn't having much luck under the mask and Venom is definitely not trying to make it any easier. Whenever you start to think things may turn around something terrible happens and that is what this book is about.

I guess it can be argued that no one can truly be Spider-Man without some major loss and maybe that is why Miles hasn't quite gotten a complete hang of it yet but it is just cruel what happens in this book. Bendis, once again, blew my mind with his choices and painful moment within these pages. I have also been digging Pichelli's work with the symbiote as well as the more torn and worn out Miles. By the end of this issue my jaw was dropped and I had flipped back through the immense fight scene between symbiote and kid at least twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. Poor Miles...

I am on the edge of my chair waiting to see what awaits me next month. I just hope that Miles is able to deal with loss at least half as well as Peter...if not....I have no idea where the book will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment