Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ultron #1 AU

Writer: Kathryn Immonen
Art: Amilcar Pinna
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 10th, 2013

I am not overly familiar with Victor Mancha considering I didn't read The Runaways but it is easy to grasp his struggle just from the pages of this one-shot issue. With a father like Ultron, I think it would be incredibly difficult to go the route of the hero and also try to figure out what it means to be a human (even if you are a cyborg).

This issue shows Victor's response after his father's hostile takeover. It shows him trying to figure out if he is registering as a human or a robot while trying to help some other, less fortunate people in the apocalyptic world that his father created. It is sad to see Victor struggle with himself and the memories of his friends. This book makes me feel like he is going to be a major player in the final chapters of the main AoU books.

So far this book has been my least favorite tie-in but I think that has a lot to do with my lack of knowledge of the character. I didn't feel half as connected to him as I have all of the others. I will admit that I now have a sparked interest in Victor as a character and I hope he gets more of a chance to grow in the future of the Marvel Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment