Friday, April 12, 2013

Hawkeye #9

Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: David Aja
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: April 10th, 2013

"Girls"

Fraction, Aja and Hollingsworth have their Clint Barton well developed and fun to read. I think I have established this over my past nine months of gushing about how incredible this series is. I am happy to report that it is still going strong and this issue even answered a question myself and I know some of my readers were asking: "What is going on with Clint and Jessica?"

Last issue we saw Clint's red-headed companion kiss him in front of Natasha (friend), Bobbi (ex-wife), and Jessica (girlfriend?) and they all seemed shocked. This issue picks up with that scene and what the women do in response to it. It is incredibly fun to see a story played out through what ends up being five perspectives (Kate Bishop has a part and of course Clint). After you are able to connect all of the dots as to why characters are the way that they appear (the story is not chronological of course) you get a little closer with Clint and Gil on the rooftop. I love the human interactions Clint has with his normal friends and this is no exception.

There is a pretty sad and shocking twist on the last page of the book which is obviously showing us what is to come in the life of Clint. I am beyond excited to continue to pick up this book and bow to the prowess of the team that works on it. Considering when this book was announced I picked it up on a whim, it is hard to believe that I could have missed this great piece of storytelling. I know I say this every month, but pick this thing up if you aren't. You really...really are missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment