Monday, April 1, 2013

Uncanny X-Force #3

Writer: Sam Humphries
Penciler: Ron Garney
Inker: Scott Hanna
Mindscape Pages: Adrian Alphona & Christina Strain
Colorists: Marte Gracia with Israel Gonzalez
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 27th, 2013

"Sweet Virginia"

I think this title is hitting its stride. This issue was action packed, blended some history of the heroes into it and started to show a team forming. I am loving the insanity that is Bishop so far and the fact that the whole "team" isn't playing well together. Everyone seems to have their own goals and can't agree on how to do anything which is making it completely interesting.

One of the things that is drawing me the most is what is going to happen with the three Fantomax characters. They are obviously still drawn to Psylocke and will hopefully find her soon. Fantomax was one of my favorite parts about the previous Uncanny X-Force run and I am missing him being part of the main team.

I think that this vicious, almost more adult feeling version of an X-Men team is what I need to break up everything else I am reading. If the pacing keeps heading in this direction it could become something that I look forward to with extreme anticipation every month. For now it has moved from my "Stick" pile to my "Stuck" pile. If you listen to the podcast you'd understand what that means. I do recommend reading the previous Uncanny X-Force run before this though. It will help you stay with it long enough to get to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment