Thursday, June 13, 2013

Age of Ultron #9

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artists: Brandon Peterson/Carlos Pacheco
Inker: Roger Bonet
Colorists: Paul Mounts/Jose Villarrubia
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: June 05th, 2013

If this wasn't an event I had already put money into AND it wasn't going into the final issue (well two with the epilogue), I would have tapped out finally. The story just doesn't feel like it is worthwhile. We just spent the previous two issues dealing with a future that will never happen because Wolverine went back and fixed the "issue" that he created in the first place. So with this issue, we are sort of back to where we started with VERY minor differences that are supposed to save the world? I really am not sure.

I am also finding a bit of grief with something called Age of Ultron and that the only Ultron we have seen so far is a old version that appears within the final pages of this book. I am not saying that the ending is going to be terrible, I just feel like it should have come a long time ago and that there was so much bloody filler that it has made it hard to enjoy the overall tale. Considering Bendis is one of my favorite writers right now, I am really saddened that this has been so weak. I am sure Marvel told him to stretch it but this is just feeling ridiculous.

I don't want to rant too much on events here, I am going to leave it to my next weekly pull blog but this is getting ridiculous. PLEASE let the last issue be good...otherwise my faith will be truly damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment