Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Venom #35

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Declan Shalvey
Colors: Lee Loughridge
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Price: $2.99
Release Date: May 29th, 2013

"Night of the Symbiote Slayers"

I am not certain what direction this title is headed. I am not saying it is bad, I am just a little lost. There was a massive build up to the fact that Toxin was coming to Philadelphia to go after Venom but when it finally does happen, they quickly find a common enemy and work together (like the old school Spider-Man books where Spidey worked with Venom to defeat a common foe). There was promise for a big fight after the team up but somehow Flash talked Eddie down. There is still the promise the when Flash inevitably loses control of the Venom suit that Eddie will be back, but we will have to wait for that.

So now we have Flash in a new city, weird symbiote slayers around and Toxin "keeping an eye on him." I am just not feeling a major pull in any direction with this or any overall story that I should be absorbing. If Bunn doesn't start giving me a reason to pick my jaw off of the ground soon, this title will join Gambit and Deadpool in my dropped box...

No comments:

Post a Comment