Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Avenging Spider-Man #21

Writer: Christopher Yost
Artist: Marco Checchetto
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 29th, 2013

"The Chameleon Sanction Part 2 of 2"

This issue picked up right in the middle of the action of the last issue. The S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier was being attacked and Spider-Man was trying his best to get out with Chameleon without letting anyone see what he was actually up to. There are some really fun moments and snips between Spidey, Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hulk and the issue left me with a big smile on my face. The only issue now is that I have even more questions than before.

Why exactly is Spider-Man (I am tired of calling him Otto or Octo-Spider or whatever) collecting his old Sinister Six team? There has to be something big planned...I am also wondering if this is going to tie into the main Superior Spider-Man book that doesn't seem to be letting up any steam itself. All I can say is that even if this isn't directly tied into the main story, it is a fun read and a good way to get an extra dose of Spider-Man not acting like himself.

I can't remember if I mentioned that there is going to be a Spider-Man Villain book coming out soon too. I am wondering if this is leading into that and even if it isn't, I am gaining faith that Spider-Man villains can have their own book and it could be exciting. Regardless, I applaud Yost and his team for putting out such a solid book as of late and I look forward to what is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment