Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cable and X-Force #9

Writer: Frank Tieri
Artist: Salvador Larroca
Color Artist: Frank D'Armata
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Price: $3.99
Release Date: June 05th, 2013

I have mentioned multiple times that I have been waiting for a Hope issue and I finally got what I was looking for. We finally have a completely Hope centered book and she is en route to finding her father. She ingeniously steals powers so that she can accomplish her goals and even stays one step ahead of the Avengers, Uncanny or otherwise.

I am excited at the concept of Hope connecting with her father's team. I sadly missed a large portion of X-Men comics when Hope became a prevalent character but what I have seen I have really enjoyed. I actually have the whole run of Generation Hope in hopes that it will give me a little more of what I am looking for with her as the main protagonist.

If Tieri (who took the reigns from Hopeless) can continue to put out books that feel like this issue I think I will be sticking around for more Cable and X-Force. The covert team idea is always fun and if it is done right, it can contain some of the best stories that are out there. I am putting my faith in Hopeless that this book will head in the right direction and that it will contain a story that I will remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment