Thursday, June 20, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #9

Writer: Rick Remender
Aritst: Daniel Acuna
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Price: $3.99
Release Date: June 19th, 2013

Okay, so someone stop me if I am wrong. The Apocalypse Twins are not with Kang anymore and are trying to rebel against him? To do this they are trying to wipe the planet of all life other than mutants and are making sorts of unorthodox choices while building their army. I think I finally have that part under control. If not, I am completely lost on that side of things. I am excited to finally see the four horsemen, even if I am uncertain if the choices that were made were the right ones.

As for the hero side of things, I am not surprised that there is so much resistance between the mutants and non-mutants. There has not been enough of a chance for anyone to gain real trust with one another and Wolverine is making it insanely hard for the Avengers to trust him. The reason there is it is now common knowledge what Wolverine did to Warren and Kid Apocalypse during his stint with X-Force. The schism within this team should build some interesting moments in the near future. I do like that Thor sided with Wolverine while the only mutants that stayed on the Avenger side were Scarlet Witch (no surprise there) and Alex.

Now that my confusion is starting to subside and that there are relationships forming within the team I am starting to get back into this title. I have said before that I will stick around for a while just because I like Remender and it is proving worthwhile so far. I am still concerned that there are a lot of little stories going on and I am not sure how they are all going to connect. With Red Skull out there, the tease for Onslaught and the Apocalypse Twins there is plenty of badness on its way. I just hope that I don't get lost on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment