Thursday, June 13, 2013

Weekly pulls for 06/12/13

Today feels like endless blog day but I have the day off, already did a ton of running around AND hit the gym so I figured, why not catch up here? Plus, I actually have free time...that's right, free time! Something that I have started to forget what it was. Why not take those fleeting moments and discuss comics!

Well, as I said in my last weekly pulls blog entry, I am getting a tad annoyed with Marvel and their desire for events. I feel that events are losing power when it feels like there is ALWAYS A FREGGIN EVENT GOING ON! Since I started reading comics again a little over a year ago I have thus far experiences a six (seven if you count aftermath books) month event (Avengers vs. X-Men), took a couple month break only to be attacked by a four month event (Age of Ultron). Okay..so two isn't too bad, but in July we get four more AvX books (What if?) which seems okay but after we instantly dive into Infinity.

The sad thing is there is always a hook. AvX got me back into comics so I can thank that. AoU had the promise of Ultron (still waiting for his actual appearance by the way) and no Infinity has Thanos. I have stated that I will not get Infinity, but let's be honest, I am a fool.

All of that aside, events make it hard to enjoy individual comics. There was a time you could go a year or two and just read a single book and be fine. Now everything has to bleed together and there is little to no excitement when get get a crossover! I remember being immensely pumped to see Captain America in an X-Men book, but that is monthly these days. I think that it is time that Marvel takes a step back to let their titles grow a little independent. Events can be fun, they just need to be separated a tad more.

Alright, enough ranting I suppose. This week's pull was a fairly standard haul of five books:

Avenging Spider-Man #22
Guardians of the Galaxy #3
Uncanny X-Force#6
Venom #36
Wolverine and the X-Men #31

Reviews will follow very soon. Until then, happy reading and PLEASE feel free to comment about your feelings about events. I'd love to hear someone on Marvel's side that these things are a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment