Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #30

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artists: Pasqual Ferry with Pepe Larraz & Salva Espin
Colorist: James Campbell
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 29th, 2013

"The Hellfire Saga Prelude"

Finally we are approaching the Hellfire Academy stuff and I am excited to see what is coming. From the last few pages you are able to see who exactly is a staff member, who has been betraying the school and which students turn over to the dark side (sort of). I actually have a few theories about two of the people that went over but I don't want to spoil them yet. All I know is that everything can't possibly be as it seems.

Now, one of my main questions is what exactly is the purpose of Hellfire Academy? Is it meant to spawn super-villains and if so how are they using mutants when the Hellfire Club sells Sentinels to the general public? Also, how quickly are we going to see these two schools go head to head? There is a lot of power floating around and there are bounds to be some incredibly epic battles in the coming issues.

Recently Aaron has not been doing much to make me want to stay with this title but this arc is and has been piquing my interest for a while. I really hope that the ball isn't dropped and I am not let down. I am feeling myself pull a way from a lot of titles I once loved and this is no exception. I generally give books a few issues after they lose their pull and I have given this one more than most. This arc is Aaron's last chance to keep me as a reader...so far, I think it is a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment