Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Uncanny X-Force #5

Writer: Sam Humphries
Artists: Adrian Alphona & Dexter Soy
Colorists: Christina Strain & David Curel
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 29th, 2013

"Shine a Light"

I am finally starting to feel the potential that is in this book. I am also starting to think that Humphries is getting his pacing down and a better handle on his characters. I had been a little put off on the portrayal of Psylocke. I wasn't certain if he was trying to paint her as broken after the events of Remender's run with Uncanny X-Force or if he didn't quite get her. With this issue, I think she was meant to feel broken.

The majority of the issue takes place in Bishop's mind which was an incredibly fun ride. This is one of the first times we really get to see how broken up he is about the events with Hope and the rest of the X-Men and how he tried to make amends for it in the future. We also get an idea as to why he is acting the way that he is.

On top of this, we start to see more interaction between Puck and Spiral which I think could be a fun dynamic with the team. The fact that there is starting to feel like there could be a team feels big to me. Everything is starting to connect and is starting to feel less rushed. If Humphries can keep up the feel of this issue (and last mostly), then I think this book will stay on my pull list for quite a while.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am excited that we should get more Fantomex next issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment