Friday, September 6, 2013

All-New X-Men #16

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Penciler: Stuart Immonen
Inkers: Wade von Grawbadger
Colorists: Marte Gracia
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 04th, 2013

"The Battle of the Atom, Chapter 2"

Well, we are in part 2 of Battle of the Atom already and it is starting off a bit interesting. These X-Men from the future are a little questionable and all of the time paradoxes are driving me mad but it is being done well. The reveal on the last page of who Xorn actually is was interesting, but not overly surprising.

I think the thing that hooked me the most is how quickly Jean defends her place in this time frame and how quickly she tries to run away when forced to go into the past. It is true that she is very aware of her fate and I understand why she wouldn't want to return to her timeline to be forced to forget what her future holds. I do find it odd that she ends up running off with Scott considering how she has been feeling about him as of late.

As of right now, I am not certain where this story is going. I was sitting, full of excitement, for Nightcrawler to appear but I suppose I will have to wait another chapter or two. Oh well, I have all the faith in the world in Bendis. I really hope this story isn't a letdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment