Friday, September 27, 2013

Scarlet Spider #22

Writers: Christopher Yost and Erik Burnham
Pencilers: David Baldeon, Pat Olliffe and Time Green
Inkers: Terry Pallott and Victor Olazaba
Colorist: Chris Sotomayor and Lee Loughridge
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 15th, 2013

"Into the Grave: Part 2"

I mentioned last week that I was a little shocked and definitely saddened that Scarlet Spider is being cancelled just like Venom. This is one of the last four issues and it is full of excitement and more reasons as to why I am confused that the book is coming to a close.

We pick up with Kaine in a grave after being captured by Kraven at the end of the last issue. He is aware that Kraven is insane and they definitely have a past. The only reason that Kraven is alive at this point is because he was resurrected with the use of Kaine's blood way back in Amazing Spider-Man #635 during the Grim Hunt arc. If you don't remember it...go read it. I found it to be a fun arc.

Kraven seems to be torturing Kaine to push him to the edge so that he is willing to kill again. He lies to him, kidnaps his friends and beats him. It seems that the "eternal curse" that is plaguing Kraven has brought him to the edge and he feels the only way for it to come to a close is to be killed by Kaine. There is no actual proof of this as far as I can tell but it is always possible.

This issue drew me in and kept me to the last page. I have really grown to like Kaine and his friends and am worried about their final outcome. This arc concludes in the next issue and then we will get two more before the series ends. I hope that Yost is able to put a strong ending in, if not, it would be truly a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment