Friday, September 6, 2013

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #3

Writer: Nick Spencer
Penciler: Steve Lieber
Inker: Steve Lieber
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 04th, 2013

"Foe-ning it in..."

I am still sitting on the fence about this book but I am definitely starting to teeter into the direction of interested. This title is doing a nice job showing us what it is like to live the life of a villain, especially that of a b-lister like Boomerang. I am also really enjoying the fact that his "parole officer" is none other than his old partner, Mach VII or the Beetle (the original one).

I think the fun thing about this book is that it feels like a big joke. Nothing really seems to be taken seriously at all. There is even a cliched yet enjoyable moment that has Boomerang attending a Villains Anonymous meeting in which he relates it to the fine book/movie Fight Club.  The other thing I am enjoying is that Fred, our friendly Boomerang, is just struggling to exist. His current group of Sinister Six are very quick to stab him in the back (as most villains would) and it seems he will do just the same.

I am not sure the direction this book is headed yet, but what I have seen has been fun and interesting. I also am wondering if there will be a shift in narration from Fred to another member of the Sinister Six in the future. Regardless, the fact that I am asking questions is a great sign for this title that it is at least different enough, and interesting enough to keep me on as a reader...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment