Friday, September 27, 2013

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #3

Writer: Robert Rodi
Penciler: Michael Del Mundo
Inker: Michael Del Mundo
Colorist: Michael Del Mundo
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 15th, 2013

Well it seems that Infinity has found its way into one of my books. It made a little nervous seeing that scrawled on the cover considering I am not overly caught up but there was no need for concern. The only REAL connection to Infinity is that Spidey is in New York, fighting off some of Thanos' men with the Mighty Avengers, when everything kicks off.

The Team-up itself isn't with anyone that seems to matter, rather it was with a random college girl who is studying medieval history in the library when New York is being evacuated. She out of the blue (seriously, bam sudden) gets super powers to basically be an Elektro-esque character that can travel like electricity. She doesn't like technology so I assume this is meant to be a tad ironic but just feels tacked together.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. So far I have really enjoyed this title but this was just a big miss. After flipping back to the splash page it made sense that Yost didn't write this issue. It just didn't feel like him and everything was just incredibly abrupt. Luckily I am a huge Spidey fan and one issue has never caused me to drop a book. I know there is a part two to this but then we should get Yost back and all should be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment