Friday, September 20, 2013

Superior Carnage #3

Writer: Kevin Shinick
Aritst: Stephen Segovia
Inker: Dennis Chrisostomo
Colorist: Jay David Ramos
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 18th, 2013

I have to say that this title isn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. When I heard they were going to make a Superior Carnage book, I just figured Kasady was going to go around and kill people even more hardcore than he had in the past. I wasn't expecting this to be a book about The Wizard trying to have one last big run at being successful before the tumor that was put in his brain by Black Bolt kills him.

At this point, The Wizard has taken Kasady's Symbiote and put it on Malus (a doctor) because he can actually control it there. With Kasady's mind wiped from the recent events in Minimum Carnage, The Wizard found him to be useless and this was the next best option. I have to say, I am not a fan of the design of Carnage on Malus when it is being controlled. I have always liked the savage look of the character and the fact that "Superior Carnage" has basically a helmet and yellow teeth just doesn't sit well with me.

That aside, the new Frightful Four (two of which are Malus and Carnage as one) decide to go forward with their plan to take over the mayor's office in New York and with that, take out J. Jonah Jameson. All seems to be going pretty well until the obvious happens, Spider-Man is waiting for them.

I think that this book is interesting just to watch The Wizard slowly lose his mind and grasp on what is real or not. I am not finding myself to care too much about Klaw or Malus but that may change in coming issues. I am also a strong believer in Carnage needing to be Cletus Kasady. It just feels so wrong when it isn't him. Regardless, I will continue to read this book considering it is only two more issues. It is definitely not ground breaking, but I always enjoy a little more Spidey in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment