Friday, September 13, 2013

Weekly pulls for 09/11/13

Well I was in for quite the shock this week when I grabbed my pulls. When my comic guy handed my my stack it felt mighty light and I quickly learned that I only had two books come out this week. This was the first time in ages that I have seen less than five books pull and I wasn't sure what to do. My eyes instinctively started to dart toward the new release wall, figuring that something had been missed. Surprisingly, this was not the case. The wall was, however, riddled with 3D covers from the DC world for their Villain Month which was tempting. I actually grabbed Court of Owls #1 and then set it back down. I can't commit to another series and I know if I read that I would want to start reading Batman.

After looking through the pretty badass cover art for the DC books I started looking through all of the different Infinity books scattered throughout the new releases and releases from the last couple weeks. I am happy I didn't decide to invest in the event due to the magnitude of books that are related to it and my pocketbook couldn't handle all of those Avengers titles again. I must admit that the artwork sandwiched between the covers was beautiful and I have to get my hands on copies of the trades in the future.

So, I decided that was that. Two books this week. I suppose that isn't a bad thing. It left room in my budget to pick up another long box with some bags and boards for the coming months. I also pre-ordered my AvX OP kit for the coming Heroclix event. I was going to do X-Men and Avengers but decided that I am already over investing in the game as is.

The two books I grabbed this week were X-Men related and one of which is another chapter to Battle of the Atom which is starting to pick up:

Uncanny X-Force # 11
X-Men #5

One last note. One of my friends mentioned that perhaps I should start sprinkling more spoilers into my reviews. I try my best to not do that because I don't really want to ruin these stories for people but after some thinking, if you are reading a review, you are expecting some level of spoiler. SO, I have decided to start revealing more about the books' stories. So there shall be spoilers ahead! Until then, happy reading comic book fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment