Friday, September 13, 2013

Uncanny X-Force #11

Writer: Sam Humphries
Artist: Ramon Perez
Color Artists: Rachelle Rosenberg and Jay David Ramos
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 11th, 2013

So, if you read this blog you know that my feelings about this title have been pretty everywhere. I really don't know how I feel about it overall and am never certain what to expect. All I was sure about was that at the end of the last issue we saw the Revenants of Storm, Psylocke and Puck show their faces while our heroes are captured. The question was, how are they going to get out of this? This has to be a difficult struggle right? Well...

There were the normal struggles of the characters figuring out what makes them strong and why their Revenants were much weaker than them. It was no surprise to see them overpower their other selves and for Bishop's back story to get flushed out a little more. Regardless of how it felt pretty predictable, the book itself had me smiling a bit by the end. I really like the cast of characters, I just want to feel a level of consistency in their writing and for it to actually feel more like a team rather than just a cluster of random mutants that happen to be heading for the same goal.

In the final pages of the book we see that Spiral is going to be returning to the book because she knows who the Owl Queen actually is and could be the key to stopping the Revenants from taking over the world in this timeline. I am still really back and forth on this book and I feel that if I am to drop a book anytime soon it will be this or Cable and X-Force. Maybe I am just not a fan of Humphries' writing overall but I really want to like these two books. I'll give them another month or two I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment