Friday, September 20, 2013

Cable and X-Force #14

Writer: Dennis Hopeless
Penciler: Salvador Larroca
Inker: Salvador Larroca
Colorist: Frank D'Armata
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 18th, 2013

I sat here staring at my blank blog page for a while just trying to figure out what to write about this book. It is funny that technically "a lot" happened in this issue and yet, nothing happened. X-Force continues their fight with Uncanny Avengers, Havok continues to have a conversation with his nephew and Hope stops talking to her future self to return to the past to help her father. Chaos ensues, Cable loses control, Hope stabs him in the head (literally) with a giant spear that is to off-set his psychic lightning (that's a thing right) and then Cable offers to buy her ice cream (I am not making that up).

Now the X-Force is on the loose to take care of whatever problems that Cable may see coming and Havok seems to be just letting him do as he wishes. I just....I just find it so hard to care. At least Doctor Nemesis rides around on a giant worm and makes Dune references, right? I still find this book to be incredibly meh. I find it impressive that two pretty damn solid Spidey books got canned and this is still floating on the surface. I really need to give this book an ultimatum. Get good in the next two issues or find another reader. There, it is said.

No comments:

Post a Comment