Sunday, December 2, 2012

A+X #2

Black Widow + Rogue
Writer/Penciler/Colorist: Chris Bachalo
Inker: Tim Townsend
Letterer: Clayton Cowles

Iron Man + Kitty Pryde
Writer: Peter David
Artist: Mike Del Mundo
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 28th, 2012

This was SO much better than issue #1. To be honest when I picked up this issue I wasn't overly excited about the first combo and I could care less about the second but they were incredibly fun to read AND I enjoyed the artwork so much more.

The Black Widow + Rogue section dealt with the two ladies battling a Sentinel in the city while they start to build a relationship. I know the premise sounds a bit dumb but the conversation and fight as a whole was wonderfully done. The jokes between the two ladies and the use of Rogue's mutant ability was orchestrated wonderfully. I had a big smile on my face at the end of this section.

The Iron Man + Kitty Pryde section was also surprising. Del Mundo's art took me back initially due to the elongated drawings of people but it fit well and was great to look at. Kitty was being offered a job at a satellite Tony Stark company and she was learning what exactly they were working on. She of course gets hit on by Tony and also causes a Brood attack. It was interesting to read and once again had some great interactions between the two characters.

This issue was so much more of what I was expecting from issue #1. I am glad that it stepped up or I was going to drop the book after this week. It isn't my pick of the week or anything crazy like that but it was definitely a fun read. Pick it up if you want a fun couple of stories to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment