Sunday, December 2, 2012

Secret Avengers #34

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Matteo Scalera
Color: Matthew Wilson
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 28th. 2012

"Synthetic Dawn"

This is another title that I am slowly losing interest in which is very sad. I love Venom as a character and I normally love Remender's work but this arc is doing very little for me.With the split of Venom, Valkyrie and Black Widow battling the Descendants while Hawkeye and Captain Britain fight undead versions of Avengers in Earth 666 it is just kind of everywhere.
The fights in both places are picking up and it isn't looking good for either group but for some reason I am just feeling nervous for either. Hawkeye has become way too  big of a character for them to let him drop in and undead world and the other trio are bringing in readers for Marvel so nothing terrible will happen to them. The story telling just feels a little jarring...there is even a moment where Beast pops out of a portal and kicks a guy but nothing else happens...I think he even vanishes after the fact back into the portal? It wasn't clear but I guess that can be assumed.

There is also a small thing going on with Hank Pym and robotic Janet...it is a little interesting but I am not certain what the overall repercussions will be. Regardless, I still have a little hope for this title and as always will read it till the end of this arc. It is truly sad that the last arcs for the Avenger books I have been reading have been leaving such a sour taste in my mouth. I hope the new #1s help these titles....

1 comment:

  1. Yeah this title really has gone downhill for quite some time... I don't like this arc at all - it's just not working..

    Btw.... I think that was O'Grady .... not hank pym as ant man

    ReplyDelete