Sunday, December 2, 2012

X-Men Legacy #2

Script: Simon Spurrier
Pencils: Tan Eng Huat
Inks: Craig Yeung
Colors: Jose Villarrubia
Letters: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: November 28th, 2012

"Prodigal: Part 2"

Issue #2 definitely reaffirmed my belief that a lot of this comic takes place in David Haller's head. I love the level of insanity that is portrayed in the pages of this book because I think it is impossible to tell a story about David without it being insane. This is a guy whose head houses many different personalities that can quickly take over his body and give him different powers. If anything was told through his perspective and it wasn't insane, I would be quite put back.
This second issue deals heavily on David finding a way to control himself again so that he can protect himself and find what he can do to follow in his father's footsteps. The whole issue deals with his angst, trying to find himself physically and mentally which is done in a way that I didn't think possible. He is dealing with his demons while approaching others head on.

After issue #1 I was a little uncertain if X-Men Legacy was going to be a title for me. This issue confirmed that it has to be. There is so much to like here and so much to want to learn. I want to be along for David Haller's insane ride, it is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment