Sunday, December 2, 2012

Venom #27.1

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Art: Marco Checchetto
Color: Fabio D'Auria
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: November 28th, 2012

"The Evil Inside Us All..."

Wow Flash is starting to lose it. I feel that the events in Minimum Carnage caused him to lose a little more control over the symbiote. I think the way that Bunn is writing the slow transformation is wonderful. There are small moments where you can see the classic Venom poke his head through while Flash still seems to feel he is in charge. That is the strong part of the book.
The part about the book that makes me nervous is it seems that there is going to be more of a focus on the demon inside of him again. I understand that this is a big writing point for Venom and a good way to show why Flash is losing control but I am still very iffy on the concept. I love my comics but I am not a big fan of the supernatural, Hell/demon stuff that is sometimes thrown in.

Regardless of the previous fact, I really am still enjoying this title. I like how much Flash has developed as a character and I like how there is still a strong connection to Spider-Man through the conversations between Flash and Peter. I am hoping that the conversations with Peter and another person from Flash's past are put in place to show that he is going to spend the next few issues dealing with his past rather than the demon. Only time will tell and I will be here to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment