Thursday, December 20, 2012

Secret Avengers #35

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Matteo Scalera
Color: Matthew Wilson
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: December 19th, 2012

"Tomorrow Will Rise"

This issue was a little better than the last couple but I am still not completely sold on this arc. The Descendants are an interesting concept and seeing what their overall plan is has become interesting but I felt that the start was a bit weak and jumped around too much (much like my thought process today).

The Descendants are basically offering...well forcing immortality on everyone on the planet by releasing a contagion that is turning people into robotic versions of themselves. It seems to be something that melds with the human body/blood cells that will help repair and extend life. It doesn't sound like a bad thing but it seems to be quite painful and no one really likes biological terrorism do they?

Now it makes sense why the Secret Avengers are so set on stopping Father and his creations. That and there are giant sentinels destroying key buildings around New York. Oh, and Captain Britain and the other Avengers are finally getting out of Universe-666. As I said, the story is sort of everywhere but it is finally focusing in. It seems there is going to be quite the battle in New York in the next issue which should involve a lot of Avengers (Daredevil and Spider-Man appear on the last couple pages).

As I said before, I am riding this arc out but I think I am standing my ground and dropping the title after it has completed. I am sad to see all of my Avengers titles go away but at the same time and embracing the chance to start reading something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment