Friday, December 7, 2012

Hawkeye #5

Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: Javier Pulido
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: December 05th, 2012

"The Tape Part 2: 'Operation Eucritta'"

Every month Fraction and Pulido put this beautiful book into my hands and every month I am reminded as to what it has been my pick of the month for the past four months. There is so much going on in every issue while still feeling like simple and crisp storytelling that you can't put down. The feeling of connection between the two Hawkeyes feels so human that it is hard to talk about Kate Bishop and Clint Barton without feeling like they may be real people.

Okay okay, I am done gushing. This is the second and final issue in "The Tape" storyline.   The reasoning behind the tape of Hawkeye is so fitting and the escape of Kate and Clint was so fitting that it was hard to not smile. I have to note that I was never a giant fan of these characters before this book and now I feel like I am old friends with these two.

I don't want to ruin anything about this issue. I think it is pretty imperative that you read this if you are at all into comics, especially Marvel titles. It will honestly be the best $2.99 you have ever spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment