Sunday, December 2, 2012

Uncanny Avengers #2

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: John Cassady
Color: Laura Martin
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 28th, 2012

This is a solid second issue to a series setting up what it is going to be about. There is a lot of negative mutant rumblings after the events of AvX and it is seen heavily in this title. People don't trust mutants and will do whatever they can to remove them from the equation. This is made very clear in the early pages of the book. It doesn't help that there is an incredibly evil man at the helm convincing people that there must be something done about the mutant race.

There is a lot to like in this issue. We are beginning to see the Red Skull's ambitions and we are beginning to see Scarlet Witch and Rogue's relationship evolve. It is no surprise that their whole thing is going to be rocky at first, but I feel they are going to work incredibly well together.

The reasoning behind the cliffhanger ending in issue #1 is shown toward the end of this issue and it has a terrible effect on Rogue and Scarlet Witch. I am excited to see how the two ladies handle themselves against the powered up Red Skull and his group of mutants in the next issue. I am also excited to see where this title goes. I am still not amazed by the work within the pages but at least now I can say I am intrigued. Maybe this will be the book that reminds me why I like Remender so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment