Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gambit #7

Writer: James Asmus
Pencils: Diogenes Neves & Al Barrionuevo
Inkers: Allen Martinez & Raul Fernandez
Colors: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: December 19th, 2012

"Stiff Upper Lip"

There is a lot going on in this issue but the main thing is we are finally getting out of the main focus of Cich and his goons. MI13 is catching up to the thieves and Gambit is finally showing his expertise when it comes to escapes. There isn't a ton of dialogue here but there is a lot of fighting. I do like the way that Peter Wisdom and Gambit interact and it makes me hopeful that this relationship may build a little in the future but you never know.

I feel like the first arc is closed for the most part but it is bleeding into the second. Gambit, while on a plane home, learns that the woman whose research fundraiser was where Gambit robbed from Cich in the first issue is in major trouble. He now feels obligated to go save from the Forever City due to her being in trouble and a couple of her students already dying. It seems that the action is just going to keep going in this comic.

I am still enjoying this comic but I don't feel as driven to read it as I did initially. I hope that this next arc pulls me back in quickly. It has been nice seeing a Gambit title that isn't terrible for once. Only time will tell if Asmus can keep his readers, I truly hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment