Thursday, March 7, 2013

Avenging Spider-Man #17

Writer: Christopher Yost
Pencils: Paco Medina
Inker: Juan Vlasco
Colorist: Dave Curiel
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 27th, 2013

Octo Spider-Man seems like a lot of fun to write for. He can get into the same situations as Peter Parker but handle them so much differently. A trip to spend time with the FF would be a fairly frequent thing for Peter but it is an event for Otto.

The event here is he is meant to be a babysitter the FF kids. This wouldn't be too serious if there weren't agents from the future coming to kill Bentley-23 to stop him from destroying the world. Here is where I have one of my biggest problems with the current Avenging Spider-Man title. It seems that every issue has someone that either knows that Spider-Man is Otto or could easily learn his identity. I don't think it is taking away from it really, it just seems to be an off-set joke.

Of course everything turns out for the better other than something important being stolen from FF Tower...but I think I'll leave that for the readers to find out. I am intrigued as to what effect it may have on the actual Super Spider-Man title if any effect at all. We are promised interactions with Thor in the next issue so hopefully that is more enchanting than this. As always, this wasn't bad, I just didn't love the issue. I don't fault that to the title as much as just now starting to get to know the FF as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment