Friday, March 8, 2013

Venom #32

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Declan Shalvey
Color Art: Lee Loughridge
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: March 6th, 2013

"Toxic Lifestyle"
 
For the first time in a long time Flash is feeling very alone. He is starting to rely more and more on his suit and isn't even completely sure if he still has control over it. I think that is what is the most interesting part of Bunn's telling of Venom. Other than that I think this whole Philadelphia thing is forcing Flash to look at his life and what exactly he is going to do from here on out.

He has finally found a job as a gym teacher which doesn't sit well with him or his students considering he is confined to a wheelchair while he is Flash Thompson. He sees a lot of himself in his students and he keeps questioning his choices as a youth.

On the Venom half of his life he is dealing with some strange enemies. The emaciated man that he battles in this issue is almost a reflection of his angst as a person and also has an extreme hunger as his suit is known to have. The goodness in Flash is what ultimately allows his enemy to escape only to reveal to us that Eddie Brock has found his way to Philadelphia.

I am glad that I stayed with this title with the tease of Toxin a few issues back. I am starting to relate with Flash again and I always love a good Eddie Brock storyline. I am sure Toxin will have a big presence in the next issue and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment