Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gambit #9

Written By: James Asmus
Penciled By: Clay Mann
Inked By: Seth Mann with Clay Mann & Allen Martinez
Colored By: Rachelle Rosenberg
Lettered By: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: February 27th, 2013

"A Man Walks Into A Bar..."
 
Gambit has been a roller coaster of "meh" for me as of late. There are moments that I really want to love Remy's adventures while at the same time I feel like we are going in an endless circle. The whole relationship with Joelle feels lackluster and even forced at times. Even Remy wouldn't go through that much for a girl that he has only kissed...at least that is what I thought.

Now that he has fought dragons, infiltrated a villain bar and escaped with her and she is still aggravated with him just doesn't seem worth it. I actually became excited when I saw a flicker of Rogue, the "ex" appear briefly to scold Remy for his recent choices. Of course he didn't get the chance to explain because he was too busy hunting down Joelle.

I am really shakey here and I know this discussion is lost but that is how I feel with this title. I am being baited with Rogue currently for what is to come but if it doesn't happen or something worthwhile doesn't happen in the next issue this will be the first title I drop in mid arc. It is really sad, I loved this title when it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment