Friday, March 22, 2013

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #21

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Art: Sara Pichelli
Colors: Justin Ponsor
Lettering: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 20th, 2013

Wow Bendis, write much? Seriously, five titles in my pull list have Bendis' name sprawled on the title. The thing about it is, it isn't a bad thing. He is knocking them out of the park and this book is definitely not an exception.

Miles Morales, much like his predecessor Peter Parker, is just an unlucky guy. Just because he isn't the original Spider-Man doesn't mean he doesn't have to deal with Spider-Man's problems and Venom is a big problem. It seems the Venom is empty and is trying to find something to connect to. Sadly, Venom thinks Miles' dad is Spider-Man and is trying to do something about that.

I am loving the fact that we are getting a taste of Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy in this book and they are trying to help Miles. The wheel is turning for something big to come and soon and I am beyond happy that I will be there for the ride. I think it is about time something horrible is going to happen to Miles and there is no better way to do that than to use Venom as a vehicle. I really wish this was a twice a month book so I could get a little more Miles Morales in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment