Saturday, March 16, 2013

X-Men Legacy #7

Writer: Simon Spurrier
Penciler: Tan Eng Huat
Inker: Craig Yeung
Colorist: Jose Villarrubia
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: March 13th, 2013

"Holy Ghosts"
 
This issue was the moment of truth. The first incredible arc by Simon Spurrier came to a close in the last issue and it was time to see where this book is headed. The answer is somewhere good. For the last six issues (other than #1 which confused the hell out of me until I read it three times) this book has sat at the top of my pick list hanging out with Hawkeye. Spurrier just seems to have such an understanding of how to write David Haller well and to not make it feel like any other X-book or Marvel book out there right now.

After the events of the last few issues, David is finding it difficult to handle his many personalities. On top of that, he is starting to want to impress Ruth Aldine, Blindfold, because he seems to have gained a bit of a crush on her since the kiss a few issues back. In this issue David decides to visit the Church of the Happy Host, a well known mutant hate group that Luca happened to have been a part of. His whole intention of going seemed to have something to do with researching Luca and trying to show Ruth that he cares and that she should like him (which she seems to already).

Things don't go incredibly well for David but everything works out. I found myself chuckling a bunch in this issue. I mean, he uses his telepathic ability to use pigeons as weapons. He has them poop on a drone so it short circuits. Spurrier just keeps writing amazingly funny, entertaining and passionate issues that keep me hungry for more. I can't wait for issues #8 and beyond. I think this book will sit on my pull list as long as it is around.

No comments:

Post a Comment