Thursday, March 7, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #4

Writer: RIck Remender
Artist: John Cassaday
Color Artist: Laura Martin with Larry Molinar
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 27th, 2013

It is incredible how powerful Red Skull has become since the beginning of this title. It is truly terrifying to think that he can have complete control over someone as powerful as Thor without so much as lifting a finger. It was a nice way to paint a picture that Red Skull is not going to be a joke and that this new group of Avengers has their hands full.

That said...the twist at the end caused me a slight issue. I am seeing a lot of reflections of the 90's returning and I am not certain that this reference is a good one. I remember quite clearly that the storyline that the cliffhanger of this issue referred to was one of the reasons I stopped reading comics such a long time ago. I hope it was a good decision to go down this road because so far I have loved this book and would hate to see it "jump the shark".

Oh well, so far so good. There is a lot of darkness going on in the Marvel Universe and it has potential to keep me reading for a long time, if done correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment